Foreign nationals who wish to visit China for
enjoying or covering the Olympics are required to apply for tourist
visa. However, it should be kept in mind that due to the security
concerns, the visa policy has been tightened. Multiple Entry Visa is
allowed to repeat visitors only. For tourist visa, round-trip flight
itinerary and hotel reservation is required. The duration of stay
would be 30 to 60 days.
- A valid passport with blank visa pages and at least 6-month
period of validity (counting from the day you submit the
- Duly filled visa application form and two passport size
- Details of your travel itinerary
- Photocopies of round-trip tickets and hotel reservation
- Documents supporting the applicant's financial standing
How to Apply
You may visit the Visa Office of the Embassy or Consulate -General
in your region to submit the application. You could entrust someone
else with the task of submitting the application. However, keep in
mind that mailed applications are not acceptable. However, the
postal service back to you is provided.
Visa Fee and Duration of Stay
You have to pay visa fee in cash, money order, or bank check. The
payment should be payable to Chinese Consulate or Embassy. Personal
checks are not accepted.
The validity of the visa is usually three months unless the
applicant specifies his/her request on the application form and
obtains consent from the officials. If you need to stay longer, you
have to apply to the local public security bureau in China.
Allow yourselves sufficient time for the processing of your
application. Usual processing time for an application is seven days.
- Attach your most recent photographs with the visa
application. The face of the applicant must not be obscured in
any way. Any kind of headwear is not allowed. Candid photos,
photo copies or digital photos printed on ordinary paper will
not be accepted.
- Prefer submitting visa fee in cash.
- Fill the application form most carefully and accurately. Any
discrepancies might result in the rejection of your application.