Know about diving in Beijing Olympics 2008
including events to be held, schedule of competitions, athletes
participating, and competitions format.
Diving in Olympics
Diving competitions are scheduled to be held at the
Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics from August 10 to August 23, at the Beijing
National Aquatics Center. The order of diving will be determined by a
random draw prior to all preliminary events. In the semi-finals and the
finals, the divers will compete in reverse order of their ranking. The
total number of dives executed in one session must not exceed 210.
Events to be Held
- 3m Springboard Synchronized
- 10m Platform Synchronized
- 3m Springboard
- 10m Platform
Schedule of Competitions
Sunday, August 10, 2008
3m Springboard Synchronized Women
Monday, August 11, 2008
10m Platform Synchronized Men
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
10m Platform Synchronized Women
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
3m Springboard Synchronized Men
Friday, August 15, 2008
3m Springboard Women (Preliminaries)
Saturday, August 16, 2008
3m Springboard Women (Semifinal)
Sunday, August 17, 2008
3m Springboard Women (Final)
Monday, August 18, 2008
3m Springboard Men (Preliminaries)
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
3m Springboard Men (Semifinal)
3m Springboard Men (Final)
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
10m Platform Women (Preliminaries)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
10m Platform Women (Semifinal)
10m Platform Women (Final)
Friday, August 22, 2008
10m Platform Men (Preliminaries)
Saturday, August 23, 2008
10m Platform Men (Semifinal)
10m Platform Men (Final)
- All individual and synchronised diving competitions for men
athletes will comprise six (6) dives.
- All individual and synchronised diving competitions for women
athletes will comprise five (5) dives.
- No dive will be repeated within each six or five dives.
- A dive of the same number will be regarded as the same dive.
- Men and women will use 1 metre and 3 metres springboard
- The Women's springboard events will comprise five dives from
- The Men's springboard competitions will comprise six (6) dives.
One dive will be selected from each group, as well as an additional
dive which could be selected from any group.